Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I hate my glasses but i'm too scared to wear contact lenses to school?

Since I started in year 7 I have always worn thin, black, wirey glasses and now, going into year 11, I really don't want to feel ugly in my last year of school. I hate my wirey glasses so much but it's what everyone at school has ever known me in… I'm not exactly a 'popular' person at school, i'm quiet and keep to myself in lessons. I recently bought a more stylish pair of glasses, a thicker, bigger, subtly tortoiseshell & dark brown/black frame (they're not like huge hipster glasses they're just more stylish) They look nice but I feel if I wear those at school people will think I'm trying to be cool when I'm not… so my other option is contacts. I love wearing contacts and i feel so much prettier in them but I'm just really worried to wear them because whenever i see anyone take off their glasses they look so much different! I'm sure people don't care that much about what I do but I just can't convince myself that it will be okay.My friends say i should wear my new glasses but I have a horrible form and I think they would say something horrible when I walked in on the first day, My old glasses just seem like a safe option but I know they are really bland and horrible. I know it shouldn't be as much of a big deal as I am seeing it as and that there are bigger things to worry about but I'm rubbish at making decisions and so I came on here for help instead of boring all my friends about it!
>>> I hate my glasses but i'm too scared to wear contact lenses to school?