Friday, August 31, 2012

Am I still able to purchase contact lenses online?

About 3 weeks ago, I went to specsavers to get contact lenses. I consulted my eye doctor, he measured my eyes to make sure they were suitable for contact lense wear and he decided what contact lenses were the best for me and ordered them in. A week later, I came back to specsavers for a contact lense teaching.

On the first appointment, I just couldn't get the contacts in my eyes. The female eye doctor barely helped me, she only told me how to hold my eye open and sat there staring. When time was up, she said that because I couldn't get them in I'd have to come back in a few days to try again. She then made another appointment for me, and a few days later I came back and tried inserting them again but wasn't successful, and I was started to get frustrated because I was absolutely desperate to get contact lenses, and she wasn't very encouraging while she was watching me trying to insert them either.

She then told me I'd have to come back for the LAST time to try.As soon as I got home, I did lots of research on inserting contacts.So yesterday I went back there with my mum as usual, and I actually inserted a contact in my right eye: D I teared up A LOT and my nose got a bit runny, but then I tried inserting the left contact, and I didn't have much time to try so I was unsuccessful. She wouldn't give me my contacts because I couldn't insert it in my left eye (I BARELY HAD ANY TIME!!) and recommended I wait 2-3 months before attempting again… Neither me or my parents see the point in that. I'm able to get them in both eyes but just didn't get enough time. I don't see the point in waiting 2-3 months. Far too long. If I can get it in my right, I can get it in my left.

Anyway, I was wondering if it would be okay and safe for me to call and ask specsavers for my contact lense prescription and just use that to order contacts online so I won't have to go through the annoying contact lenses teach? Or is it illegal or something?
1 second ago - 4 days left to answer.
>>> Am I still able to purchase contact lenses online?