Sunday, March 24, 2013

Will my glasses shrink my eyes?

I'm having new glasses made that were sent out.It will take two weeks for them to come in because of the lenses that I need. They were sent out to a lab.My new prescription will be -8.00 and -7.00 with 50 prism base out so split between both eyes is 25 prism. Since the lenses can't possibly be made that thick I also will have fensel stick on prisms over my lenses. I'm nearsighted (myopic) and read at newspaper print my doctor told me. For those who don't know what prism is, it is a type of lens that bends light.It moves things for people who have double vision. One prism diopter is equivilent to one centimeter. Prism is not made into contacts. I was told that my glasses are going to look ridiculous because of the fifty prism diopters that my vision requires.My glasses are going to be made. I obviously have to wear my glasses constantly. I can't have contacts made because prism isn't made into contacts. Please do not suggest any surgeries or Lasik because not only do I not like the idea of something inside of my eyes but also I know a lot of people still need glasses afterwards. Lasik will not help me with my eyes crossing. I have a muscle spasm in my eyes and a muscle problem.It's just how my eyes are formed.My vision flucuates.My question is will my prescription make my eyes appear smaller and shrink my eyes? How ridiculous will I look wearing 50 prism split between both eyes? I haven't had so much prism before so I'm not sure what it will look like.

I DO NOT WANT RESPONSES FROM FOOTPRINTZ AND/OR OPTICIANS THAT WANT TO ARGUE TELLING ME THAT I'M WRONG OR LYING BECAUSE I'M LOOKING FOR A SERIOUS ANSWER AND AM TELLING THE TRUTH. OTHERWISE I WOULDN'T ASK THIS QUESTION TO WASTE MY TIME.

См. статью: Will my glasses shrink my eyes?