Saturday, May 11, 2013

Can you give me your opinion?

What do you think of the beginning of my story?

May 13th 2013-Journal 4 entry 1
The sun lights my room with a gentle touch as birds chirp in the bittersweet morning air.

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."
-Abraham Lincoln
There is always more than one meaning in every aspect of your life. Metaphorically and literally. Same word different meanings. One tone of voice paired with a different thought in mind. Love for you could be different for someone else. Life could be nothing in the eyes of the beholder. Basically, it comes down to the fact that we comprehend things in diverse ways, we lie, and cheat, we love and feel. Even the utterly most bitter person feels something, even if it is loneliness, hatred or pain.
I believe many people look at things in life in through the wrong lens. Like Abe Lincoln said, be happy for the beauty of roses on the distasteful thorn bush.
Today is the anniversary of my parents death.It has been ten years since they were killed and I still am unaware of who the evil creature is behind this insanity. Since their death I have gone to a therapist and when I was thirteen years old she had me start writing in a journal. Each year, on this date I begin a new journal, even if the other wasn't complete. I have a list of goals in each and on May 13th I will go through and see if I have completed them.
Goals:
1) Closure. This is at the top of my list and it has been the only thing I have truly wanted for the past ten years. You see, the night my parents died I was there and I don't remember anything that had happened. Well, thats a lie.My mom told me to run and I did until I looked back to see her laying on the ground a few feet from my father. I ended up passing out and I ended up at the hospital with no sense of how I got there. The police never found my parents or even a crime scene. There is no proof of their death except for the memory of a six year old.
2) Clean out the attic. The attic isn't dirty, it has several boxes of my parents belongings and my aunt and I could not part with them. We agreed we would in the matter of 10 years and the time is up.It has to be done eventually, right?
3) Love. I have had a boyfriend before but it wasn't the real thing. Patrick and I dated for about 5 months and but we just faded away from each other. I didn't think he was the love of my life but maybe a possibility until he started bailing on dates and I started ignoring his calls.It was a mutual ending.So in that case, I want the type of love from the movies (doesn't every girl?) the kind were you fight no matter what and still get back together a minute later, were you only think about them and the next time you will be together, the cute little dates you set up to please each other. I'm not sure if that actually exists but can dream for it.
4) Take a risk. This one can be done several times. I just feel like my life is coming to a stand still or on replay. There isn't anything exciting happening, minus cheer season, going to The Core with my friends or being dragged to the mall by Chloe. I am promising myself right now if I get the chance to do something crazy I am going to say yes.
5) Find happiness. This is my last goal but it doesn't have to happen in a year, maybe it will but I am expecting it to be awhile until I find happiness in my life. I guess, the moment when I don't need to make any goals-or at least less of them- is the time I can finally breath.

Well, I hope this year will be something to remember. I miss you mom and dad. I hope you are happy up there with Grandma and are watching over me. I don't want to disappoint you guys.
Love, Aubrey Jane Clark

См. статью: Can you give me your opinion?