Friday, March 29, 2013

Why are my new prescription glasses causing me to see things skewed and at distorted?

I am very frustrated at these new glasses I got are causing me to see things very weird and almost caused me to have several wrecks today. I got a new prescription from my eye doctor and he said my prescription was not so much of a difference than my last pair of glasses… but my new glasses are of a different shape lens than my old ones. These new ones are kind of a narrow wider frame glasses as my old pair was a small oval shaped lens. Could the different shape of frame and lens cause this problems? I am seeing things like a square box look like a trapazoid or parallelogram in stead of a perfect square object. Things seem to flare out towards the bottom. I included a link where I sketched out how I see a square.

I am also noticing when you look at something it seems closer than it actually is..and things seem so much smaller. I have a 30" computer monitor and now when you look at it, it looks like half that size. I was told to wait a week to see if eyes get adjusted to this but I think there is no way this is normal and it will never make an adjustment to get used to this, Do you think maybe that wider frame glasses are not made for my eyes and I maybe should have prescriptions in a small oval shaped lens? I wanted to go back to an oval shaved lense at the eye doctor but he did not have any frames in an oval like I had..just in the small narrow wide frame which I posted a link for you to see which is causing this problem. I need all advice on what could be the culprit of this.

By the way the lenses are polycarbonate on the new lenses… also they were poly on my old prescription also. Lense prescription - R-5.00-1.75X08
L-5.00-1.25X013

image

http://www.glassesusa.com/colombia-silver-ridge-brown.html

Above link is the glasses style I having problem with.
Added (1). If not use polycarbonate then what other choices are there to get a very thin lens? Wouldn't other lenses be way too thick and heavy for my prescription? Why would an optomostrist recommend poly if they harm your eyes and cause you to see everything distorted?

См. статью: Why are my new prescription glasses causing me to see things skewed and at distorted?