Thursday, January 10, 2013

Should glasses correct me to 20/20?

I got glasses for myopia in october.My prescription is -0.75 and -0.50. When the doctor asked me to read the 20/20 line with the -0.75 lens during the eye exam, I got a few letters that looked similar wrong (like C and G). However, the doctor didn't strengthen my glasses. Then, a few months later I noticed that I could see pretty well with my friends -2.50 diopter glasses, and today, I noticed that I was struggling to read the board in class. I had to squint to read it but so did a friend who doesn't need any correction (another friend who doesn't wear glasses said that she could read it without trouble). What does this mean? Can I only be corrected to 20/25 or thereabouts because of my myopia?
>>> Should glasses correct me to 20/20?