Monday, January 7, 2013

Did I do anything wrong in this situation?

When I got up for breakfast today my mother was in a horrible mood. I asked her what happened last night and she snapped at me immediately, and made me feel intimidated to be in the kitchen. She snapped that she had been awake since three thirty in the morning. I literally felt intimidated to be around her. I borrowed the butter for a second to do my toast because I had to be up to go somewhere as well and she said in a frustrated, angry way, 'Can I just butter my toast!' I couldn't bear it anymore because she told me to shut up the minute I would ask a question - she'd say that she couldn't think or answer even the simplest question. I hid in my bedroom but felt lonely and cut off from the family. I started to cry which upset and ruined my contact lenses and I felt like I could not attend my interview. I cried and cried because I felt I had lost my relationship with my mother.
>>> Did I do anything wrong in this situation?