Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm fascinated by my gf's thick glasses?

I'm 19, she is 18. I have good vision. I've had gf's with glasses before, but never thick ones like hers. Btw she doesn't mind my talking to her about them or trying them on.

Anyway, she said things were blurry with her old ones so she booked an exam and she let me go with her and watch. I wasn't clear on everything I saw (pardon the pun) so if someone can explain that would be wonderful.

The part I understood the least was when the optometrist put a machine with lots of dials in front of her face and kept asking her "which is better, 1 or 2?" I noticed that each time she answered, the dr turned a big dial upward; i heard it click.then she asked again and clicked it again.My assumption is that turning the dial made the lens in front of her eye a little thicker.Am i correct? This went on a number of times for each eye. Then the dr turned some smaller dials a little.

Then she told my gf that her eyes had gotten much more nearsighted and she needed thicker glasses and she wrote her new prescription.

My gf showed me the old and new rx's.Is the new one a lot worse?

The old one is OD -9.50 -1.00 105 OS -9.25 S
The new one is OD -11.00 -1.00 100 OS -10.50 -0.50 75

Thanks for explaining.
Added (1). By thick glasses, I was referring to the lenses. We haven't picked out a frame yet.
Added (2). Footprintz, sorry for hurting your pride, but you only answered part of my question and besides I wanted a second opinion.
>>> I'm fascinated by my gf's thick glasses?