Friday, January 11, 2013

Can people with astigmatism wear contacts?

I went to a optician yesterday super exited to finally get contact lenses. I've waited a couple of years to be allowed to get them so this really was a big deal for me. After an examination he said that I have severe astigmatism and wouldn't advice contacts. He said he could make custom ones thought they would be extremely expensive and if i moved my eyes then they can complete mess up the focus. I have a pure hatred of glasses and was really hoping to finally get glasses but i guess that's not possible.Is there anyway i can wear contacts and hopefully not have to deal with the horrible blur? Also if not is there any solution to this that is not contacts or glasses. I'm too young for LASIK eye surgery. Please help. I'm so angry right now.
>>> Can people with astigmatism wear contacts?