Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Can you switch between brands of contacts without a new prescription?

When I got contacts, I said that once I'm used to them, I would like to try color contacts. I was told I could, but that I would need to be re-fitted.

I've been using contacts for quite a while, and I'm wondering -- do you have to be re-fitted for ANY change, or are changes within a brand alright?

I currently have Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus. If I'm switching to another Acuvue product, wouldn't the products be uniform in measurements?
Added (1). Edit: I realize I made that kind of unclear by saying "between"; I mean, can you change within a brand? For instance, from Acuvue Oasys to Acuvue Colors.
Added (2). Really? They're so perfect on my eyes that some nights, I'll forget whether I've taken them out, and the only way to tell is to poke my eye and see if they're on there.

Also, I don't order from my doctor's office. I order online.
>>> Can you switch between brands of contacts without a new prescription?