Thursday, June 27, 2013

Am I entitled to refund?

I went to an opthamologist yesterday. I was working in my house and accidentally flipped a small piece of wood in my eye. The doctor spent all of 4 minutes with me. He looked at my eye with a bright white light, said I scratched it, gave me some drops and said I would be healed up by the next day. The next morning I woke up in pain and with blurred vision. I called the doctor's office but they wanted MORE money for a follow up! I went to an optometrist who put some dye in my eye and looked at it with a black light, he lifted my eye lid and basically did a much more thorough exam. He put a bandage/contact lens on my eye and said I would heal in FIVE days. I feel like the first guy rushed though and didn't do everything he could during the FIRST visit to ensure quick healing. Also, the second doctor scheduled a follow up exam the next day… INCLUDED in my initial office visit charge. I feel like I wasted $150 going to him to start with. Should I contact his office and ask them to credit my credit card? Have any of you heard of a doctor's office being willing to do something like that? Had I continued under his advice, my eye would still be blurry, red, crying, and painful.

См. статью: Am I entitled to refund?