Monday, June 24, 2013

Shopping for glasses.what index lenses to get?

So I'm on the market for a new pair of glasses and I have really bad myopia (-12.00), so I'm pretty picky about which frames/lenses I get so the lenses don't come out so thick to be aesthetically displeasing.

I saw a rectangular frame of size 50 mm that I liked at the glasses store, but the lady working there didn't recommend them because they'd be too thick for my Rx. I asked about high index lenses, and she said there wouldn't be much difference between 1.67 and 1.74 index lenses and the 1.74 would be a waste of money, which got me confused.

Should I listen to this lady? Is there really no difference betw. 1.67 and 1.74 index for me? My eye doctor actually recommended small circular frames (about 47 mm), but I don't like how they look since my head is already very round. I know the rectangular frames would add some thickness, but I think any thickness ~7 mm at my Rx I could live with.

См. статью: Shopping for glasses.what index lenses to get?