Saturday, May 11, 2013

How to hide, or fix my lazy eye?

Hi, I was born blind in my right eye.
I was told that it was because of the lack of oxygen, I was born at 8 months.
My blind eye is small enough to see a tiny small not really noticeable space that makes the inside visible. I also have a white cloud which I believe to be a cataract around my grey iris (I have a brown iris in the other normal eye).At last I have a lazy eye, I can only control it when I look at the edge of my sight, and it leans on the outer edge of the eye. I want to hide it because it really bothers me making eye contact, I get teased, I feel insecure about myself, and people make jokes that I am a druggie, or that i'm high. Whenever I meet new people, or strangers they always look at my blind eye and it pisses me off, I mean I am thankful I at least have one eye, and being blind is not really a bother anymore, but when it gets in the way of my social life, and communication, it's something I have to do for the sake of me not feeling annoyed, or strangers feeling crept out.

I want to avoid eye patches because:
1.They look stupid with my baby juvenile face
2.My high school's mascot is a pirate (How unfortunate right? lol)
3.wouldn't match my hair.
But it doesn't mean I would refuse to use one.

Is there like contact lenses that I can use to disguise my eye, or what about prosthetic eyes?
Also I heard lazy eye can be straightened out via surgery, but I think that's for people that are barely getting it, and is unnoticeable.

См. статью: How to hide, or fix my lazy eye?