Thursday, February 14, 2013

What does it mean if my eyes are red and burning?

I have Air Optix contacts and Opti Free Replenish that I use to keep them in.
I've worn contacts every day for the past 4 years and recently I accidentally fell asleep with them in for a long time, I had done that in the past before but this time my eyes were bright red and burning, I took them out and put in Eye Allergy Relief eye drops and the redness and burning would stop. When I would wear my contacts eventually in the evenings my eyes would become red but they didn't burn or hurt and I would put more eye drops in and they would clear up. I repeated this process for a week and then I started using Artificial Tear eyedrops and the redness stopped completely. Lately though because winter has started my eyes have been really dry and red and the Eye Allergy eyedrops caused my eyes to burn when I closed them so I got Lubricant Gel Drops and my eyes feel much better but only one of my eyes has been hurting today.So I am not going to wear contacts and continue with the Lubricant Gel Drops that are recommended by eye doctors. Any other suggestions?
>>> What does it mean if my eyes are red and burning?