Monday, February 11, 2013

Is it actually possible for contacts to worsen eyesight?

Ive been wearing contacts for about 9 months now.the first 4-5 months, i had a bausch&lomb astigmatism contact that always irritated my eyes.i noticed that throughout those months, my nearsightedness was getting worse, and possibly the same with my astigmatism.

i then decided to switch to acuvue oasys and have had much better comfort and satisfaction.i dont think my vision has gotten any worse since i switched to them.

is it possible for contacts to worsen eyesight? i know for a fact that my nearsightedness has gotten worse quickly in just a few months since i started wearing them.my prescription has been the same for over 2 years before i started wearing them; havent gotten it checked recently though. 19 y/o btw
Added (1). Also, during the time when i had the bausch&lomb contacts, i would get a scratch on my cornea like once a week, so i always had to take 1-2 days off of wearing them.i tried changing to a new pair but it kept happening.never had a single scratch since i switched to acuvue
>>> Is it actually possible for contacts to worsen eyesight?