Saturday, February 16, 2013

Should I get reading glasses?

I'm visually impaired. I have glasses that I wear constantly.My prescription is -5.25 and -5.00 with 30 prism base out so 15 prism for each eye. I have super thick glasses that the lab couldn't make any thicker for me. However, since my lenses are so thick I also have stick on prisms over each of my lenses which makes things not as clear as they should be. I can't see anything at all when I take my glasses off. Everything is smeered, blurry, and double. Lately, I've been having difficulty and trouble with reading along with taking notes for school. Also with the homework that I have.It's a problem trying to read with my glasses because I have the stick on prisms over my lenses. When I lift up my glasses I can't see anything unless it's an inch in front of my nose. I feel embarrassed because I sit in front of class as close to the board as I can get but still can't see. I feel embarrassed, people make fun of me, and they stare at me. What are somethings that I should do before I visit my opthamologist? As in, until my appointment what can I do so that way I can read better and take better notes? Any suggestions or advice? Should I talk to my teachers about the problems that I am having? What should I do? Should I get reading glasses or something similiar such as reading glasses, bifocal, or trifocal? (please do not tell me to use a laptop because I try avoiding using the computer due to my vision. I'm a college student as well.)
Added (1). Also, I do not want to have any surgeries or Lasik.
>>> Should I get reading glasses?