Thursday, February 7, 2013

How long should i expect to experience a fishbowl effect in my new glasses?

I haven't worn glasses in over ten years and i just recently got a pair of glasses to give my eyes a break from constantly wearing contacts. But when i put on the glasses I am experiencing a fishbowl effect where everything is rounded and distorted. I went back to get them adjusted and after a few attempts to "straighten" my glasses/lenses it made almost no difference and i was told that they couldn't be adjusted anymore and i should give it some time for my eyes to adjust. Its already been about 5 days and still no change.My prescription is not that strong and it only changed slightly since my last eye exam a year ago.My prescription changed from -3.50 to -3.75 and i do have astigmatism.Im curious if my adjustment period would generally be longer because i haven't worn glasses in so long. Also, would high index lenses generally make the distortion better or worse?
>>> How long should i expect to experience a fishbowl effect in my new glasses?