Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Thoughts on these 6 girls' names?

These are my new top 6 girls' names. The first three have been there for a while, but I'd love some more feedback. The next 3 have been on my least but in different combinations. Please rate each out of 10 and leave a comment of whichever length you feel. The more information you give me about why you like or don't like each name, the more helpful it is to me. I'm not expecting - I just love names.

On the right I've left the pronunciations of each name with my accent.

1. Isla Madeleine - EYE-luh MAD-uh-len
2. Charlotte Aoife - CHAAH-lett EE-fuh
3. Annabel Clara - AN-uh-bel KLAAH-ruh
4. Lucy Isobel - LOO-see IZ-oh-bel
5. Laura Niamh - LAW-ruh NEEV
6. Bridget Eliza - BRIDGE-et eh-LYE-zuh

Thanks for your time :)
Added (1). **Oops - meant to write 'SHAAH-let' for the pronunciation of Charlotte!

@Dawn G - Thanks for your words of wisdom: P Isla is a popular name where I live, and the pronunciation is very well known.It was in the top 10 names last year. There's also Isla Fisher, a well-known Australian actress, and people know how to pronounce her name. Aoife will, clearly, be a middle name, so I'm not concerned about mispronunciations there. Most people don't see another person's middle name written down. Ditto with Niamh. I've clearly stated that the pronunciations are 'with my accent', and, with my accent, r's aren't so clearly pronounced as they are in, say, and American accent, hence why I emphasised the 'AAH' bit.

Thanks for the feedback everyone :)
>>> Thoughts on these 6 girls' names?