Thursday, February 7, 2013

Can I convert my reading glasses prescription to get distance glasses?

I got an eye exam recently after complaining that my distance vision was bad after working on the computer all day, so the doctor gave me a prescription for reading glasses to wear while working up close, and informed me that it should help my distance vision (which really isn't that bad to begin with, just annoying for me).

SO I got my reading glasses in the mail and now I really want distance glasses in the same frames (because I think they are stylish). Can I use the same prescription and just choose 'distance vision' when ordering online? Or do I have to re-calculate my prescription somehow? I don't want to spend money to go back and get another eye exam. I could always just get no prescription lenses as a last resort if this doesn't work out.

My rx is OD: +0.50, OS: +0.75.No CYL or Axis numbers were given. I do have my PD number.
Added (1). I'm thinking I just have to change the + to - in front of the numbers, but I'd like confirmation on that!
>>> Can I convert my reading glasses prescription to get distance glasses?