Monday, February 4, 2013

Flashes of electricity /seeing things in the corner of my eyes?

I don't think this is a problem since it's fairly rare, but I wanted to ask if it was normal or anyone else experienced these things anyway.

Recently I've sometimes been seeing flashes of light/sparks which look kind of like "electricity" (I don't know why, but that's the way I automatically want to describe them) in front of my eyes, taking up my whole field of vision, only for a second or so before going away.It only happens a few times a day, and usually before it does I'll be moving my eyes and it feels like they sort of… hit a block and then the "electricity" flashes in front of them.

Last night I randomly saw a black dot/hole "open up" under my desk, swirl, and then close up again. I've seen a couple of dark things/spiders in my peripheral vision for a split second but that's always happened.

I don't think I'm going crazy or hallucinating… but I have been anxious and maybe super aware of these things recently, and my imagination's been pretty active - the over day I was reading in bed and then I looked over the top of my book and I thought I saw a figure quite clearly I'd never seen before (like a black… mouse-dog, standing upright, seemed to be praying) but by the time I even thought about having seen it it was gone.

But could it be some kind of vision problem, what with the flashes? =/ I can see pretty well… I need glasses but they only have weak lenses.
>>> Flashes of electricity /seeing things in the corner of my eyes?