Friday, March 8, 2013

Looking into circle lenses?

Okay so I need circle lenses for a costume I'm doing.and I know it's against the law to sell them in the US so I'd have to get them online.

The thing is, I'd obviously like to be as safe as possible with this, I don't want to damage my eyes. I have perfect visions and have never used contacts. I'm fine with the idea of touching my eye and I don't think I'd have any trouble with them at all. I just want to know the safest way to get them. If I were to get them without a doctor's recommendation I would certainly not be going to the cheapest shittiest lenses out there. I'd make sure to go for the best brands.

I've looking into how to care for contacts and specifically circle lenses. I know that you do NOT want to get the liquid they come in in your eyes and that you're supposed to soak them in contact solution for a minimum of 6 hours. I know you're supposed to make sure your hands are clean and use the tweezers to handle them unless of course you're putting them in your eyes.

Anyways… is it at all possible to get any information from an eye doctor in the US other than "don't use them". Even if they knew of a safe place to get them and all that would they not tell me for fear of lawsuits if something went wrong?

Sure, circle lenses can be unsafe.and contacts can be unsafe if not handled properly. I'm aware that since circle lenses are larger than your iris it doesn't allow your eye enough oxygen. I would not be wearing them on a daily basis.just two days.that's it. There are people out there who wear them on a daily basis and are just fine.

I need circle lenses and not normal contacts because one, they make your eyes bigger, and two, the colored contacts they sell in the US by companies like Acuvue are crap. They look super fake and don't do well at covering natural eye color.

So what can I do? Is there ANY way I can consult a doctor?
Added (1). I mean the ones they sell in the US look bad.like this:
image

as opposed to this:
image

and of course there are bad looking circle lenses out there.it's just that they have a much wider variety of what you can get. And I know they'll look fake, I guess that's the wrong wording! I mean that I need to change my eye color and enlarge my iris. And actually, it does give the appearance of larger eyes when the iris appears to be larger.

См. статью: Looking into circle lenses?