Monday, December 31, 2012

Need advice on purchasing progressive eyeglass lenses?

I took a special on 2 pairs glasses and decided to get one pair single vision that the special offered and the second pair progressive biofocals in order to lay my contact lenses aside more often. The single visions were fine for basiic tv watching or driving. However, the progressives were impossible to use. I felt like things were moving, there were distortions like a fun house mirror. I took them back and they changed them to the old timey sort of biofocals which doesn't work either because I can't get intermediate vision and see the computer clearly to work.So, back to the optical center and they say that its just that the lens is the bottom of the barrel quality (hence the special price of single vision 2 pairs for $78).To get better clarity I need a better lenses..the better the lens the less distortion and smoother transition from distance to intermediate to close up. Anyone have this experience and was it just the fact a better quality lens was the problem. Trying to understand progressive biofocal lenses and what I need to do to be able to see well.
>>> Need advice on purchasing progressive eyeglass lenses?