Thursday, January 3, 2013

Why are contact lenses so expensive? Can I get them cheaper somewhere else?

I have never had contacts before but have always for years and years wanted to get them. But the yearly price to get contacts is outrageous and I just don't want to have to pay that kind of money since after all I work full time to pay my bills and go to university full time as well. I am near and far sighted so as you can imagine I cannot go a second without my glasses on as I basically see nothing but blurry.

But wearing glasses well I have always wanted contacts because everyone else I know wears them. Where is the best place to get them? I am guessing my insurance would not cover the fitting appointment on how to put them in or anything like that? Usually when I go I just have to pay for the glasses but my appointment is covered.
>>> Why are contact lenses so expensive? Can I get them cheaper somewhere else?