Sunday, December 30, 2012

Another child broke my daughter's glasses, how can I get my money back? - 1

My daughter is in 2nd grade in advance class at P. S. 206 with the same classmate the past few years. We as parents has had each others contact information since Kindergarten. Another child ran into my daughter and broke her glasses in class. Luckily that piece that broke off did not damage my daughter's eye. The teacher saw the whole incident and ask my daughter to immediately wash her eyes. This pair of glasses was only partial covered by insurance and I paid out of pocket $100 a few months ago. I immediately next day have to purchase another pair from the same vision place that I got the original glasses from and they said that it was not repairable and it is not covered by my insurance.So I needed to purchase another pair of frames with a new pair of lens because the other pair of lens can not be reused and the original frame is discontinued.My daughter has astigmatism and the previous glasses also was good for swimming every weekend. I then wrote a letter to the parents of the child that their child has broken my daughter's glasses with a proof of receipt. That accident cost me $249 and they do not feel to even call me or write to me to apologize.No reply for the past 3 weeks. These people don't feel responsible for there own child's accident nor do they care. I work extremely hard for every dollar and pay my taxes and bills. This accident cost me 3 days of my hard earn money and yet I am a single mother trying to pay off my bills and take care of my own child and not someone else's child. I am very frustrated that they have no intention to contact me and would like some advice on how I can get back my money quickly. This is not a way to go during Christmas.
Added (1). The teacher also informed me that PS 206 Joseph Lamb Public School is not getting involve in this situation. Now my child thinks because she is underage she is allow to do anything including breaking things without taking any responsibility.As a single parent I try extremely hard to teach my child from right and wrong and this is what I get in return.
Added (2). This is an Advance Class and there are rules. You can not run around in the class.My Child was only standing in front of her desk and following the rules and guidelines in school. I hope everyone still remember the shooting in Sandy Hook. The mother was trying to teach her child responsibility. Then what happened? her son use her gun to shoot her and other kids and teachers in the school.So tell me what is responsibility means again. Giving a kid or teenager a gun to teach them responsibility.
Added (3). As for the the people that DOESN'T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. Why am I paying for someone else's accident? I can guarantee that nobody below that is irresponsible can answer that question. SOME ANSWERS given below is actually telling me to let it go because that child DID NOT LISTEN AND FOLLOW THE RULES AND GUIDELINE AND RAN INTO MY DAUGHTER. ACCIDENT HAPPENS BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO FOLLOWING IT.SO DRINKING AND DRIVING IS OKAY TO RUN SOMEONE OVER. AND IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.IT IS OKAY TO HOLD A GUN AND ACCIDENTALLY PULL THE TRIGGER TO KILL SOMEONE. ACCIDENT HAPPENS EVERY DAY BUT IT DEPENDS ON WHETHER THE INDIVIDUAL WANTS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. I ALREADY KNOW SOME NOW!

TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE DO NOT POST. I AM ASKING ON HOW I CAN MOVE FORWARD TO GET BACK MY MONEY. THIS IS NOT MY DAUGHTER'S FAULT NOR MINES!

FIY this same child had head lice last year and the parents still send the child back to school the very next day. The same child again was s
Added (4). I understand it is an expensive pair, but my daughter can not fit all glasses.My daughter had a cleft palate and done surgery when she was 10 months old. Due to this she doesn't have a nasal bone. For the past few years she tried on numerous pairs of glasses but they end up falling down or rusting due to her daily nebulizer use. She needs to wear her glasses at all times except for sleeping and showering. I try using other items to hold the glasses up but then it just falls off.My daughter needs to go to swimming sessions on the weekend to hope that it will help with her COPD. This pair of glasses was the best fit and the most comfortable pair she ever worn that also can be worn in the water without rusting.As a parent I want the best for my child.My daughter was very upset and blamed herself for breaking it because she was at school.
>>> Another child broke my daughter's glasses, how can I get my money back? - 1