Monday, December 31, 2012

Should i wear both contact lenses for amblyopia?

My mum said that as a child i had "lazy eye" in my left eye and that the optician wanted me to wear a patch on my right eye to encourage use of the left eye but that i complained that it was "all black" and that i couldn't see out of it. Well now as an adult im having the same problem, that if i close my right eye, my vision is clear but kind of obstructed in my left. The optometrist says there is nothing actually wrong with my eye which makes me think it must be amblyopia.Mt left lense is only 1.25 and my right is 3.75 so im thinking is it even worth wearing the left one, and should i ask my optometrist about amblyopia or is it too late now as an adult to do anything?
>>> Should i wear both contact lenses for amblyopia?