Thursday, January 3, 2013

Can I trust Costco's optometry/optical department?

I need to buy new eye glasses as unfortunately I have lost my current pair of glasses.

In the past, when I have bought eye glasses, I have purchased them from Kaiser
But I have heard Costco has a good prices for their eye glasses frames.

I know if I just take my prescription to Costco for my eye glasses, I can get my eye glasses through Costco. But can I trust the quality of Costco since it is not a hospital?

I want to save money and know I can definitely save money at Costco with their cheaper prices on eye glass frames, although I've heard they don't have as big a selection of eye glass frames as Kaiser does but I am ok with Costco not having as big a selection of eye glass frames as Kaiser as I just want to save money.

But does anyone have an opinion if it's worth it to go to Costco to buy glasses? Is there a big drop off in quality if I order my eye glasses from Costco, whether it be in terms of product quality or about the knowlege of the Costco optometry/optical staff, instead of Kaiser? I will say I spoke to someone in Costco's Optometry/opitical department yesterday and he was very helpful and answered all my questions.

We've all heard the saying "you get what you pay for" and while I certainly want to save money but I don't want to go to Costco if I spend less money but get an inferior product or get bad advice from their Optometry/optical staff where I get a bad pair of glasses which has poor quality lenses, which could possibly hurt my vision if I get glasses with poor lens quality.

So again I just wanted to get anyone's help/advice about buying eye glasses at Costo. Will I get a good quality product and get good service from their Optometry/optical staff if I buy my eye glasses from them?

I am guessing it is OK to go to Costco as I am just ordering frames from them and I 've already gotten my prescription from Kaiser and I'm just ordering frames from Costco and Costco is not actually manufacturing their lenses as it is my understanding they go to a third party which manufactures the lenses of the eye glasses.

Has anyone had a good or bad experience with Costco optometry? If so I would love to hear from you or if you have an opinion of whether you think I should or should not go to Costco for my eye glass farmes

Thanks in advance.
>>> Can I trust Costco's optometry/optical department?