Wednesday, December 19, 2012

How to get my doctor to do something to rectify what he did to my eye?

I had eye surgery for a cataract in Sept. I am sure I am now legally blind in that eye. I had no insurance so paid out of my pocket for the surgery. I do have a corneal condition as well, which he assured me was not going to be a problem as the cornea and lens he was replacing are not in the exact same location within the eye. Now I can't see, and worse than that I have pain and irritation in the eye almost daily. I have been told it would do no good to sue him and he is a nice man and I assume usually a good doctor, so I would hate to do it anyway. But what am I suppose to do? He looked at me several times over the last months and just says it has not improved! Well, I could have told him that. I am going to be 64 soon so would have another whole year to wait for Medicare. And I am afraid if I wait the eye will become worse and not be able to be fixed. The cornea disease is an inherited disease called Fuch's Dystrophy.It was not suppose to be too advanced is why he said he could help the eye with the cataract removal. Now I assume I have a ruined cornea. Any advice from a legal stand point or from an eye surgeon will be appreciated so much.
>>> How to get my doctor to do something to rectify what he did to my eye?