Friday, December 21, 2012

Another child broke my child glasses in school?

Another child broke my daughter's glasses in school by running into her. The teacher saw the whole accident. Luckily the piece that broke off did not damage my daughter's eyes. The teacher told my daughter to immediately wash her eyes. I ended up trying to crazy glue the glasses but unfortunately it did not work so I needed to purchase pair of glasses immediately.My daughter's insurance only partially paid for the previous glasses a few months ago and I paid $100 out of pocket. Since it has only been a few months the insurance wouldn't cover so I paid out of pocket $249. I wasn't able to purchase the same frame to reuse the lens.So I needed to pick out another frame.My daughter has astigmatism and no nasal bone so the lens are the most expense part of the glasses.It is extremely difficult to find the proper glasses with the proper fit for my daughters issues. I have provided my contact # and a receipt for the glasses to the teacher to give to the child's parents. The teacher has explain to the parents and I was told that the principal was also aware of the situation. I have spoke with the teacher a couple days ago and the teacher stated it is out of her hands and there is nothing the school can do.It has been 3 weeks and no apology and no reply. This cost me 3 days of my pay for another child's accident. I am a single mom with 1 full time job and paying my taxes. I would like to know how can I move forward in this situation. Thank you in advance
Added (1). My daughter is in 2nd grade in a Public School. I went back to Vision Palace were my daughter originally got her glasses and was told that it was not fixable. The guy said it will take 3 days to get a new pair of glasses and it was not covered by insurance. I work extremely hard for my money and pay my taxes and that pair of glasses cost me 3 days of my hard working pay. The parents should be responsible for there kids actions as I am responsible for mine. But ignoring the whole situation is not acceptable.It is like going into a store and your child breaks something accidentally and then walking out of the store like nothing happened. This is telling kids that it is okay to break things and not be responsible because you are young and it was an accident. I should not be responsible for another child's accident.My daughter is questioning me is it okay to break or steal because she is only 7 years old. I explained that if she did such thing I as a parent is responsible for her act
>>> Another child broke my child glasses in school?