Thursday, December 20, 2012

Which is the least expensive kind of contacts lenses?

I'm on a budget right now and haven't bought contacts in quite a while and was wondering if someone could tell me what may be the best bargain of these types:

Disposable Contact Lenses
Daily Wear Soft Contact Lenses
Extended Wear Soft

I used to wear the daily wear {ones you take out at night and clean, with proper care would last about a year}

I have very bad vision, -4.50 in both eyes, extremely nearsighted, but just want plain lenses, no colors, no astigmatism, no bifocal.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Cherryl
Added (1). Yes, -13 is definitely worse than mine, but with all due respect, I still consider my eyesight very bad, since I cannot drive a car without them, have trouble with stairs and lost my husband in a crowd shopping yesterday and walked up to two people with the same color coat as his thinking it was him.

I've been going to the same eye doctor for 25+ years, and the last time I bought contacts, I got the exam and the pair of daily wear for 99.00. Back then the disposables were more expensive than the dailies, I was surprised to find it's the opposite now.
I finally broke down and went in to talk to them and explained my situation, and they were very cool about it. They're just going to charge me for the exam and let me try a couple to see how I like them and then give me enough lenses for about 2 months included in the price of the exam since I'm an old customer. I was originally calling around looking for cheaper exam prices, but I'm glad I went back to my old doc, I
>>> Which is the least expensive kind of contacts lenses?