Monday, December 17, 2012

How to be okay with my race?

I am white and naturally have dark blonde hair and blue eyes. I know it probably sounds silly to most people but I dont find anything that comes with my race attractive. I dye my hair dark brown, i wear brown contact lenses as soon as I get up and I travel quite a bit and so always try and tan as much as I can (I have never used a sunbed but I know just being in the sun is damaging). I don't know how I got to dislike the natural parts of the way I look? and I sincerly apologise if anyone is offended by my question, it was not my intention at all!
I used to be ok with the way I looked when I was younger but since a couple of years ago, around 15 years old I have hated the lightness of my skin, hair and eyes and when I see latino girls I feel so jelous. I know theres no way of changing my race and hair dye and contacts are the only way to get like half way out.anyone else feel like they dont like their race?
I am sure this is all coming out all wrong but I hope none of this question causes offence or causes anyone to question their beauty.
I just feel hopeless when I think about how for the rest of my life I'll have to constantly make this effort to get away from my natural look. :/
>>> How to be okay with my race?