Monday, December 17, 2012

Difference between lenses thickness?

I went to the doctor and she told me I have astigmatism and the diopters are 1 cylinder for my right eye and 3 cylinders for my left eye.
I want to buy a frame that looks kind of like this
image
My question is, will the difference in thickness be very big and obvious? My mother told me it will look weird and the left lense will be very thick, but then again, she tried fooling me before because she wanted me to buy some cheaper glasses :) so that's why I'm asking.Is it true? Also the lenses are polycarbonite.
My prescription isn't very obvious, here is what it says
O.D. -1.00 gl ax 90 degrees
O.S. +0.75 g
And PD 1.50 gl a 90 degrees
That is all it says
I want to know if it will be noticeable by others
Added (1). The glasses are for distance
Added (2). The prescription is very bad looking and doesn't have a table, I searched for some examples and they all had tables, this one doesn't. Also about the cylinders… I don't see it on the prescription either, but that is what she told me, and by PD I meant the distance between pupils. I won't order online
>>> Difference between lenses thickness?