Saturday, November 3, 2012

How to join the army?

I'm a sixteen year old girl and I want to join the army at some point. I've wanted to for quite a few years now but I'm not sure how to.My parents would hate it if I joined, but this is my choice and if I want to, I will. I have quite a few things I'm not sure of though.
1) I looked into going to one of the schools we have for 16 year olds to go after high school to train, but I don't think I'd be physically or mentally ready to join yet.My fitness will have to be improved before I do anything but I am willing. I just don't feel like I can give up the chance to go to college and get my A-levels before I join because when I come out, I need to have job prospects. I don't know the procedure for joining when you're an adult though.
2) I'm in good health, but I do wear contact lenses, how much of a problem will this be for me?
3) As a girl I don't know what parts of the army I would be suited for and allowed into. Also, will my eyesight affect this? If anyone knows what parts I could join I'd be happy to hear it. Oh, and is it okay that I hate maths and science, because I know that in some parts of the army those are necessary.
I would like to be as close to action and fighting and stuff as is possible for a woman.
If anyone can answer anythin of this I'd be really grateful, or if anyone has any general information of joining, life in the army or what I could expect. :)
Thanks in advance.x
>>> How to join the army?