Saturday, November 3, 2012

Can wearing contact lenses make my eyes look equally the same?

I have a slight exophoria (inequality of the eyes/ not symmetric, i searched for it) and I am wondering if wearing contact lenses could help make my eyes look equal.maybe circle lens can fix the problem because it can cover the length of my eye lens and make it appear the same as the other. I am 14 years old, is it okay for me to wear contact lenses?

"As Dr. Hagan states (above), a phoria is a result of abnormal fusion in the brain, and it is very common and often asymptomatic. However, even a mild phoria can create significant problems with fusion when you add mild retinal damage (making the images in each eye slightly different in size/shape) and differences in refractive error between the eyes (creating a difference in image size). Dr. Oyakawa has suggested that you try wearing a contact lens to eliminate the 2+ diopter difference between your eyes due to the buckle. This should make it easier for your brain to fuse the images from each eye, and it might reduce/eliminate some of your symptoms." This gave me the idea of wearing contact lens. Also, contact lens are larger than the natural lens.

I will really appreciate your answer.
>>> Can wearing contact lenses make my eyes look equally the same?