Friday, November 2, 2012

26/female with light progressive rx - Do I really need distance lenses?

My RX is the following:
OD +0.50 -0.50 148
OS +0.50 -0.50 020
ADD +1.00

I wear glasses most of the day @ the computer or reading. Previously, I always wore the full +1.5 for reading, but I recently lost them. Now I wear the weaker, computer distance lenses all the time.

My eye doc recently told me to get progressives, but @ 26 years old, I'm not interested.

I get lots of headaches, and now that I'm used to the clarity of glasses, it bugs me that stuff is fuzzy! So I'm wondering if I'd benefit from wearing distance lenses (just the +.50) for watching TV, driving, etc. Or should I be just replacing my full, reading strength glasses?

Any advice is appreciated!
>>> 26/female with light progressive rx - Do I really need distance lenses?