Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Optometrist won’t give me my base curve measurements!

I'm wanting to buy custom made contacts online (fxeyes) and they need all my measurements- base curve, diameter etc.

So, I booked in to see my usual eye doctor for my annual contact lenses appt and she refuses to give me any measurements! I usually get Freshlooks and they only come in one size that fits all (8.6 base curve, 14.5 diameter and 5mm iris) and my doctor said she will not fit any others on me if that's the one they stock and recommend. The company does not make any other sizes apparently.

Is this how it usually is? How on earth do people all around the world buy contacts online if their doctor refuses to give them any measurements? So am I now just supposed to go ahead and guess all these measurements?

Please be realistic- not everyone makes an appt to have their eyes measured! I know they should, I did and was still not given my measurements :(
>>> Optometrist won't give me my base curve measurements!