Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I really want contact lenses, but my mom won't let me get them?

I've been asking my mom for lenses since February 2010, but she kept procrastinating the appointments.In mid 2011, she finally booked me an appointment and teach session. I had to go for 4 sessions before I could eventually get them in. After that I was given a week's worth of trial lenses, but after the week was over my mom "forgot" to buy more lenses.As a result, I didn't wear lenses for over a year and forgot how to put them in. A few weeks ago, she booked me another session, but I had completely forgotten how to put them in, so now she won't let me get more lenses. I've begged and she won't budge. I HATE wearing glasses and every day I look at myself in the mirror and feel nauseous. Plus what makes things worse is that my sister has been allowed to wear lenses since she was 12. I'm 17 and my eyes are weaker then hers (short sighted, prescription minus 8 per eye).
>>> I really want contact lenses, but my mom won't let me get them?