Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Any tips for putting in contacts for a first time contact wearer?

I went to the opticians yesterday for a contact lens fitting to make sure everything was alright.It took the woman many attempts to get them in as my blink reflex went crazy. After the guy optician made sure I could see with them properly it was then my turn at getting them in and out, so back to the woman I went. Getting them out was almost effortless, a couple tries but not so hard. I then had to try and get them back in. All hell broke loose. When the lens wasn't falling off my finger I unconscionably started blinking and ruining the process. She's set another date for me to try again seeing as I failed that time.
When I got home I remembered a very large point: I don't particularly like water going in my eyes. I'm sitting now with a bowl of water in front of mirror and trying to drip little drops of water in my eye as I know that I'm able to touch my eye with no problem, it's just the contact lens and the solution on it itself that bothers my eye.
I don't want the reason I can't wear contact lenses be because I couldn't get them in. Are there any tips anyone has, or relevant videos that might help? Thanks so much.
>>> Any tips for putting in contacts for a first time contact wearer?