Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Do I need 'reasons' to get contact lenses?

My parents agreed that as I'm 13, I'm able to get contact lenses, which is brilliant. (I'm 14 in March).So my parents phoned my local opticians for an appointment on contact lenses, however, as they were checking my date of birth, they were like "Your son's 13! Why does your son need contact lenses so early? Are there any reasons? Is this something the doctors suggested?" (I could here the conversation over the phone btw). The person on the phone didn't sound furious, not at all, just sort of angry.At that point, I didn't understand. I need 'reasons' for contacts? Changing from glasses to contact lenses is not something a doctor suggested, the reason is just dealing with confidence and self-esteem!

So the people didn't say no, my mum just asked if she could talk to me about this first. The call ended, and now I'm wondering if getting contact lenses with no medical reasons is okay.

So is it okay? It's not that I'm not responsible for contact lenses, it's just that I may need medical reasons for them. What do I do?_?
>>> Do I need 'reasons' to get contact lenses?