Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Optician got my prescription wrong?

A new opticians opened at my street just where i live so i thought i would give them a go save me travelling to the other one. I have scarring in my left eye from an accident this causes my eye to lose focus to which i have to pull it back. The optician checked my eyes gave me my prescription and sent me on my way. I wore those glasses for a year when i needed them for college, computer etc. However my mother had a not so nice feeling about the optician as she wanted to send me for a second opinion so my mother took me back to the one i went with and they checked my eyes today and i took my glasses with me. My optician said that i have scarring in a precious part of my even though it is small my optician agreed with the hospital that i was very lucky indeed. However my optician said dont wear them glasses i asked why he said they are too strong and actually making your eyes worse they make my eye muscles relax when i need to strengthen myy left eye. They checked the prescription and actually found out she had put the results on the right eye and not the left, my right eye is healthy and fine my left is weak yet she put my prescription on my right eye. This is a massive mistake to make and could of seriously damaged my healthy eye. Where do i stand? I paid £30 for the glasses. Im 18

Read more: Optician got my prescription wrong?