Friday, June 20, 2014

If I have a slight astigmatism in both eyes, can I switch to regular contacts?

More speciffically my contacts Rx is:
(OD) Sphere: -1.75, Cylinder: -0.75, Axis: 085
(OS) Sphere: -2.00, Cylinder: -0.25, Axis: 090

I have always worn "Acuvue Oasys for astigmatism" and they've worked great, but times are tough, and I could use the extra funds for numerous other important things. It was suggested by the optometrist that examined my eyes (July 2013) that I could probably get away with just the regular "Acuvue Oasys" if I wanted.
There is a good $20 difference between the cost of the two, but my main worry is that if I switch to the regular ones will they not fit and will I "feel" them all the time. Also will this diminish my vision, as I've heard your vision would be blurry if you don't wear the specific lenses for astigmatism?

Am I going to have to bite the bullet and spend the extra doe, or can I possibly get away with just the regular?

P.S. - When I do have contacts I switch to glasses 1-3 days out of the week.
-Sam

Read more: If I have a slight astigmatism in both eyes, can I switch to regular contacts?