Saturday, June 21, 2014

How to get contact lenses without a prescription in the US?

OK, so here's the basics.

I am blind in one eye from an accident, but I still want to continue wearing contacts. I know that most likely, if I get an optometrist appointment, I feel they will refuse my prescription. To order from American companies, you have to show proof of your prescription, which means I need to buy mine from the Canada, UK or another nation.

What is a website I can use where I won't have to show that proof and my contacts will arrive? Also, is there a chance that an optometrist will say yes and update my prescription?

Also yes, I have glasses.
Added (1). I should clarify, my injury was from getting hit in the face with a bungee cord.

Read more: How to get contact lenses without a prescription in the US?