Saturday, June 21, 2014

Is it possible to change the strength of my lenses without getting new ones?

So basically I got new glasses around 4 months ago. I am near-sighted, and my prescription is -3.25. However, I have recently noticed that far away letters and faces seem blurry and indistinguishable.

I think it could be due to the fact that during the portion of the eye exam when the optometrist asks you to tell him which lenses you see best in, I intentionally told him I saw better in slightly weaker lenses. Although I think he would have known my true prescription regardless. Could my eyesight really have gotten worse in such a short amount of time?

Anyhow, is it possible for the optician to change my current lenses to a slightly stronger prescription, without me having to buy news lenses? (I also have transitions, which are pretty expensive).

Thank you all in advance for your answers.

Read more: Is it possible to change the strength of my lenses without getting new ones?