Monday, June 16, 2014

A fragment of a contact lens is stuck in my eye. What do I do?

It was a soft contact. I tried to take it out and only about 2/3 of it came out. The other 1/3 is just floating on my eye and I can't get it out. I can't sleep because it hurts when I close my eyes. The contact was rather old, but I didn't know that it could split -- I've been wearing contacts for 15 years and this has never happenned to me before. I was out late and it's 2:30 am where I am. What do I do? I've tried for a long time trying to remove it and I can't get it, I've also rinsed my eye numerous times to no avail. Do I need to go to some kind of doctor? What kind if so? Does the emergency room deal with this type of thing or is that just for masses of people with no insurance and the shooting victims you here about on the news. I don't want to go if I'll have to wait 5 hours and then they won't even know what to do. Obviously, I have no idea what to do, and don't really deal with this type of thing ever. Thanks for any help.

Read more: A fragment of a contact lens is stuck in my eye. What do I do?