Friday, June 20, 2014

Can I Get Thinner Eyeglass Lenses?

So I have anisometropia amblyopia lazy eye and it wasn't caught until I was about 7 or 8 so my brain was pretty developed and I wasn't a very diligent patcher so treatment didn't do very much to help it. My prescription in my left eye is pretty bad. I don't really know what it means but on my contact lenses boxes left eye= 8.4/14.4 +10.00-1.25 x010 and my right eye= BC 8.6 DIA14.2 PWR +5.00. Last year I wanted to get those big squarish glasses that are popular but they said my left lens was so thick it would weigh the frame down and it would just fall off my face, so I couldn't get them. I like my glasses frames but I have coke bottle lenses. The point of this entire rant is I want to know if the thinner high index lenses (I think thats what they are called) will even be thin enough to look normal or will I just be wasting my money or do they even make them in this high of a prescription.

Read more: Can I Get Thinner Eyeglass Lenses?