Saturday, June 21, 2014

I reused my contact lens solution?!

A couple of days ago I mindlessly took off my contacts and put them in the case (which I had emptied of the old solution) and I forgot to add new solution in. I found them the next day and I thought they would be all dry out since there was no solution in the case; but there was a small amount of the old solution keeping it hydrated. I took a risk and cleaned out the contacts before I put them in my eyes.

I was hiking yesterday and didn't get much sleep so I know the typical redness that my eyes can get to. But today they're (not extremely) more red than usual around the iris which kind of raises a red flag. Not to mention, there is a watery discharge from my eyes.

Is this something to worry about, or will it pass with time?

Thanks for your help!
-Rachael

Read more: I reused my contact lens solution?!