Monday, August 19, 2013

What is wrong with my eyes/contact prescription?

I've been having a serious problem with my eyesight. I'm 26 years old, and for a few years now (and a few prescriptions) I've been experiencing this problem where anything more than a few feet away my vision seems to overlap or get sort of double-visiony. If I close one eye and look at the same spot, everything looks okay, ditto if I do it with the other eye. I've asked people to tell me if my eyes are crossing, but they say they look fine. I discovered if I tilt my chin way up high and stare down the bridge of my nose (like I'm snooty) the problem also goes away--I went to the movies and watched them like this the whole time in order to see.
I went back to the eye doctor, who explained to me that what I was doing when I did that was lowering the power of my contact lenses, so he in turn kept lowering my prescription, but refused to lower it anymore because my vision started getting too blurry.
What's wrong?
My contact prescription:

Right: SPH: -6.25
Left: SPH: -6.50
BC: 8.60
DIA: 14.2

См. статью: What is wrong with my eyes/contact prescription?