Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Can I buy progressive lenses?

Hi, I'm 15 and this past February I was prescribed glasses. They're for reading, doing schoolwork/homework, using the computer, things like that. I'm supposed to take them off for 5-10 minutes for a break after I use them for 45-60 minutes. I find it a pain having to put on/take off my glasses at the beginning/end of every one of my classes at school, and take them off for a break.Is it possible to just get progressive lenses so I don't have to take off my glasses if I don't want to? I actually like how I look in glasses and I usually don't like to take them off, just because I like how I look in them. But I can't walk down the hallway all day at school with my glasses on because everything up close is magnified, and while walking down the stairs I have to look over/under the glasses if I haven't taken them off. I get my glasses from Clearly Contacts-- I love the company so much! Would it be a possibility to get progressives? If so, do I have to go to my optometrist and get a more detailed prescription? Here is my prescription:

OD (right) is +1.00, CYL is -0.25, AXIS is 180
OS (left) is +1.50, CYL is -0.25, AXIS is 90
I will be really happy if I can get progressives-- I found some adorable frames that I'd like to wear almost all the time if I could!
Thank you so much!
Erin xx

См. статью: Can I buy progressive lenses?