Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What is my risk for acanthamoeba?

The other day I went swimming with my friends in this place called Hana, with my daily contact lenses in. We first went into this lava tube water cave. I put my head underwater but I do not believe I got water in my eyes. Then later we went to a beach and we were there for a few hours. I definitely got water in my eyes during this. The waves were sizeable and there was a lot of sand floating around in the water, but other than that, it seemed pretty clean. After, we went to this natural pool, and aside from some debris, the water looked pretty clear. This pool used to be on its own (It's right near the ocean) but now the ocean flows into it. I disposed of my contacts immediately after leaving the natural pool. I approximately wore my daily contacts for about 4 hours after getting to the beach. does this put me at a serious risk? Thank you in advance.

См. статью: What is my risk for acanthamoeba?