Friday, August 23, 2013

Getting used to contacts for astigmatism?

I've just gotten contacts specifically for astigmatism, Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism. This is my first day wearing them. I wore them for 4 hours the first day, 6 yesterday and I just put them in about 15 minutes ago for my third day. How long should it take for me to get used to these lenses? I've been wearing glasses all my life but got tired of them. I have astigmatism in both my eyes and I've had the hardest time finding contacts for my eyes that let me see comfortably. I finally decided on a specific prescription after trying over 30 combinations which let me see the best. However, I'm having a lot of trouble focusing my eyes, especially up close. Currently while typing up this question, I can see what I'm tying but it doesn't seem focused, slightly blurry. I'm also blinking constantly hoping this is somehow helping my contacts. I can see fairly well far away, as well as I did in my glasses so I am not worried about distance. However, I also feel as though the first day I tried on a trial pair of these contacts, I could see better in them than I am seeing now, with the box I got from my optometrist.Is this normal? Will it work itself out if/when my eyes get used to these contacts? This is so frustrating as I just really want to wear contacts.

См. статью: Getting used to contacts for astigmatism?