Monday, March 4, 2013

I don't wear contacts, but I want a pair of colored ones for a costume?

Hi! I'm working on pulling together a costume for an upcoming convention and I am going as Kurloz Makara from Homestuck.
reference: http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Kurloz_Makara
anyway! As you can see, he has completely white eyes. I want to achieve this look with a pair of non-prescription white mesh contacts from a website that I have heard great things about.My only concern is that I don't wear contacts, only glasses. Seeing without my glasses is not an issue, the issue is that I'm just not experienced in contacts care or application (although both my parents are).It doesn't seem very hard (I'm not squeamish about touching my own eyeball) and I understand that hygiene is also a huge part of effectively and safely wearing contacts. Keep in mind that if I get these, they will not be in for very long (only a few hours) and I will probably only wear them once for said convention. I'm aware of the dangers they pose, but I feel like I'd be okay with them in. Does anyone have advice? Do you think I'd be okay wearing a pair? Has anyone else worn non-prescription costume contact lenses without any issues? Sorry the question is so lengthy, just thought I'd give insight on my dilemma! Thanks.

См. статью: I don't wear contacts, but I want a pair of colored ones for a costume?